New 3 YEARS Cambodia VISA for free, ALL THE DETAILS ! Updated 2017 !

bbpbbp

New 3 YEARS Cambodia VISA for free, ALL THE DETAILS ! Updated 2017 !

Hello,

Do you have any details about the new 3 years Cambodia visa ?

It seems that the 1 year extension for ordinary visa (business visa) is now old story if you do not have a work permit, but at the same time, it's not difficult to get a work permit, and still cheap (do you know a good office to proceed the paperwork for you ?)

Thank you.

There are no free visas in Cambodia, nor any free visa extensions except for diplomatic personnel and people working on projects under donor project agreements that allow for this.

The  3 year visa is only for countries with special bilateral agreement. Last I heard only a few Asian countries, don't know if that has changed. I am also not sure how long you can stay on each entry - a 3 year multi entry visa does not necessarily mean a 3 year, or even 1 year, stay on entry. 

To get a work permit, you need a Cambodian employer. I'm not sure you  have to already have a work permit to do a an initial one year business extension -- you could still be looking for work, or work permit in process - but you may be asked to show one while staying there on that visa.

It is now possible to do one year extension of stay for retirement in which case no work permit required. About $290. Lucky Moto or any number of other agents can do it for you.

thats what i said, PLUS a visa for looking for work and an education visa

what they need now is a visa for those married to locals

and to stop changing the playing field and send out proper info to the agents.

LOL

1 hour ago, bbpbbp said:

I am wondering if immigration rules in Cambodia could become as stupid as in Thailand ?

Let's see....

Clearly, they are working on it. When this is all over, visa rules may well be more "stupid" than in Thailand. Competition, you know. They will not rest, until immigration rules are more "stupid" than in Thailand.

Cheers.

i have lived in Thailand for  over 30 years,

Do not feel the  Immigration rules are  "stupid" at all.

everything is written out for you.
The only stupid thing i have seen is, how each individual immigration offices determines  how to "interpret" the laws.

Whereas the rules/laws in Cambodia are very ambiguous and often not enforced.

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

i have lived in Thailand for  over 30 years,

Do not feel the  Immigration rules are  "stupid" at all.

everything is written out for you.
The only stupid thing i have seen is, how each individual immigration offices determines  how to "interpret" the laws.

Whereas the rules/laws in Cambodia are very ambiguous and often not enforced.

All laws making difficult or expensive for anybody with money to live in a country are plain stupid and it perfectly applies to retarded Thailand rules.

By the way, it is not possible anymore since this week to cross with a Thai car to Cambodia without first applying for documents in PP.

I have Malaysian friends who had to wait at the border while one of them had to go to PP to get the document.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:38 PM, bbpbbp said:

I am wondering if immigration rules in Cambodia could become as stupid as in Thailand ?

Let's see....

Its not stupid. You want a business visa if you want to work i.e. do business. Otherwise get a retirement visa. No need to show money or get medical etc.

8 hours ago, bbpbbp said:

By the way, it is not possible anymore since this week to cross with a Thai car to Cambodia without first applying for documents in PP.

I have Malaysian friends who had to wait at the border while one of them had to go to PP to get the document.

which border? to say it cant be done be specific as to where

ONLY can cross at Koh Kong and Osmach ( and it has been this way for years) and i have friends that cross regularly there.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:17 AM, phuketrichard said:

so far ONLY Japanese passports get 3 year visas.

After Sept1st to get a 1 year EB extension u need a wp!!!

ER (retirement visas) are also in the works

According to this, only for the second extension onward, not the first  http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/government-confirms-foreigners-will-need-work-permits-long-term-visas

which makes sense.

8 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

which border? to say it cant be done be specific as to where

ONLY can cross at Koh Kong and Osmach ( and it has been this way for years) and i have friends that cross regularly there.

No more koh kong crossing with car without PP document since last week. Even when you are ready to pay (bribe) any price.

Malaysian got documents at PP after 3 days and then were allowed to come back to pick up their car at KK to drive to PP.

Not sure how long it will last but since 1 week Thai cars are not allowed at KK.

Archived