Who has tried Mixx and Levels EDM dance clubs?

observer90210

Hello to the Bangkokians of the forum...who has tried the Mixx or Levels  EDM dance clubs in Bangkok? 

Would be glad to read on your experiences on the settings, the door policy, best hours and days to go and what would the average Jack Daniel's/Coke cost...or anyother information you may care to share...

Drinks at both places run at 2 fiddy+. If you have a group, it is more economical to buy a  bottle of spirits and share. Personally, I am not fond of either. While they are popular, music quality varies enormously, with hip-hop rather than dance often on the playlist. Both places are also full of prostitutes and women looking to be "taken care of". If you are looking for venues that focus on the music, you are better off down in Thong Lo/Ekkamai these days.

Levels:

Door policy? None.

If you enjoy loud crowded dance clubs filled with semi-pro, broke women pretending to be hiso  -- while prowling for suckers, sponsors and boyfriends (if that isn't redundant) -- you'll love it. If you present well and throw money around, you won't leave alone. I've spent a few nights there. I've "met" a few extremely beautiful ladies though... But I'm pretty sure everyone in Bangkok has "met" the same ladies.  Can't stand the scene, really. But if I was on holiday in Bangkok for a couple weeks, I'd hit it.

MIXX:

One day it will catch fire incinerating everyone in it. It's a fire-trap waiting to happen -- architected with as much flammable material on the walls and ceilings as possible, and having the world's tiniest exit for a club its size. Through a narrow tunnel (cleverly lined with foam rubber which will create deadly, noxious fumes when it burns) there's also a smoker-friendly club with is apparently designed to give you lung cancer in just one single evening. Hold your breath before entering, and throw away your clothes when you get home. For a table you'll want to buy a bottle. It's about 50/50 working girls/normal girls, with a smattering of farang women wondering why no one is looking at them.

If you're going to go, go on Wednesday for ladies night. DJ's are better than average. Dance floor is better than the rest. Despite the fact that this place is a disaster waiting to happen it's a good dance club. 

Get a table near the door. 

11 hours ago, Senechal said:

Levels:

Door policy? None.

If you enjoy loud crowded dance clubs filled with semi-pro, broke women pretending to be hiso  -- while prowling for suckers, sponsors and boyfriends (if that isn't redundant) -- you'll love it. If you present well and throw money around, you won't leave alone. I've spent a few nights there. I've "met" a few extremely beautiful ladies though... But I'm pretty sure everyone in Bangkok has "met" the same ladies.  Can't stand the scene, really. But if I was on holiday in Bangkok for a couple weeks, I'd hit it.

MIXX:

One day it will catch fire incinerating everyone in it. It's a fire-trap waiting to happen -- architected with as much flammable material on the walls and ceilings as possible, and having the world's tiniest exit for a club its size. Through a narrow tunnel (cleverly lined with foam rubber which will create deadly, noxious fumes when it burns) there's also a smoker-friendly club with is apparently designed to give you lung cancer in just one single evening. Hold your breath before entering, and throw away your clothes when you get home. For a table you'll want to buy a bottle. It's about 50/50 working girls/normal girls, with a smattering of farang women wondering why no one is looking at them.

If you're going to go, go on Wednesday for ladies night. DJ's are better than average. Dance floor is better than the rest. Despite the fact that this place is a disaster waiting to happen it's a good dance club. 

Spot on!

On 28/08/2017 at 4:13 AM, Senechal said:

Levels:

Door policy? None.

MIXX:

To expand on this great post:

From my experience at Levels, there is some door policies that are enforced, although maybe not all nights.

- No fliflops

- No caps

- No short (? not sure about that one).

Mixx has two large areas separated by  a tunnel, one smoking and one not. Each has its own dance floor and the music is different. If you don't smoke then obviously get a table in the non-smoking area.

If you like to dance keep in mind though that the non-smoking floor gets jam packed pretty quickly. The trick then is to switch to the smoking floor, go nuts for a bit and then dive back up to the non-smoking for air. But I notice the smoking area is not that bad nowadays. Way back my clothes would stink and I would get a nicotine stream down my face washing my hair after, but not recently. Something's improved, maybe ventilation, maybe clientele.

Comparison:

1. If you like to dance, then Mixx is far better, probably the best in Bkk, unless you like Thai-style dance clubs where you do your thing around your table.

2. Eye candy, both male and female: I would rate Mixx a notch above Levels overall. But Levels does attract young partygoers (not pro). That's because it's located in farang party central Soi 11.

3. Levels does have the better location on Soi 11. There are a zillion places to go before and after the club (well, maybe not so much after now that late night carts don't line the streets anymore).

4. Senechal's point about fire hazard at Mixx is overwrought. Bangkok construction may not be up to western code in many ways but the last major nightclub fire in the city was Santika in 2009 (there was a hiccup at Shock 39 a couple of years ago but more smoke than fire and no one hurt).

And Levels on the 6th floor won't be fun to get out of in case of a conflagration either. But then again I think the last major highrise fire in the city was 2016. It's all pretty safe despite the sneering.

Go dance, get smashed, hit on the babes/guys, get laid. In other words, have fun. You'll have plenty of time to worry about dying in a fire or of cancer when you're 70 and home alone. Which, of course, is the whole point of getting the hell out to a club while you still have it.

Bottom line: I like Mixx better because of its dancability. But if all you're looking to is chill with a bottle and friends, it's a toss-up.

as far as the door policy/dress code at levels, my friend and i were denied entry.  my friend was in shorts so i figured we didn't have much of a chance.  shorts aren't allowed.  but the doorman guy told me i also didn't qualify as i had on a t-shirt that had a beer name on it.  you can't 'advertise' with 'branded' clothing. 

In case anyone from Mixx is reading, here's a suggestion: wall off your mezzanine area with glass for smokers. All else at ground level leave be for non.

The mezzanine is perfect as a smoking room because it's easy to ventilate  pumping air out into the exit alley just behind.

Not only are you not going to lose clientele - even smokers appreciate an unpolluted environment yet with a place to go for their fix - you are going to win back a lot of people who found the non-smoking dance floor too crowded but refused to venture into the smoking area.

Not to mention the appreciation of staff who have to spend 6 hours there a night.

On 29.8.2017 at 4:02 PM, Rainville said:

To expand on this great post:

From my experience at Levels, there is some door policies that are enforced, although maybe not all nights.

- No fliflops

- No caps

- No short (? not sure about that one).

Yes no shorts.

Dresscode same for mixx.

In Mixx are more working girls (also from russia, ukraine, etc.)

as in Levels, if that floods your boat.

21 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

In case anyone from Mixx is reading, here's a suggestion: wall off your mezzanine area with glass for smokers. All else at ground level leave be for non.

The mezzanine is perfect as a smoking room because it's easy to ventilate  pumping air out into the exit alley just behind.

Not only are you not going to lose clientele - even smokers appreciate an unpolluted environment yet with a place to go for their fix - you are going to win back a lot of people who found the non-smoking dance floor too crowded but refused to venture into the smoking area.

Not to mention the appreciation of staff who have to spend 6 hours there a night.

You're speaking about Levels right? or is there a mezzanine at Mixx that I've been missing out on?

7 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

n Mixx are more working girls (also from russia, ukraine, etc.)

as in Levels, if that floods your boat.

They are all from the stans (as in Uzbeki, Turkmeni, Kazakh) but pass themselves off as from Russia/Ukraine. However, one once told me that her Uzbek passport notes her Russian ethnicity as well. So there you go, the USSR still lives.

"floods your boat" mixes two metaphors, float your boat and flood your booty. But it's good.

On 30/08/2017 at 9:00 PM, buick said:

as far as the door policy/dress code at levels, my friend and i were denied entry.  my friend was in shorts so i figured we didn't have much of a chance.  shorts aren't allowed.  but the doorman guy told me i also didn't qualify as i had on a t-shirt that had a beer name on it.  you can't 'advertise' with 'branded' clothing. 

Correct.

No sandals

No flip flops

No alcohol or football team branded T  shirts

Small beer 250 baht, Jack/coke 280 IIRC.

Both dreadful.

Levels is top 40 drivel with a covers band beforehand that can't sing for shit.

Free entry except on Thursdays. On that day, the receptionists downstairs look at you like you've just landed from Mars when you balk at paying an entry fee to hear a photogenic but haplessly ignorant female Asian DJ with plastic jugs demonstrate just how clueless she is about music. Mention Roger Sanchez or Maceo Plex if you want to see them implode.

Someone said it's 50/50 hookers/non-hookers at Mixx.

He must've gone to a different club call Mick or something because I've been to Mixx on and off over the years and it's always been wall-to-wall prostitutes.

Music is top 40 in the non smoking room while its dance in the putrid smoking room.

There's no quality control at any of these dumps so there are lots of total w**kers who can barely contain their excitement at the thought of having a guaranteed lay at the end of the night.

Some guys will actually get punchy over a whore so be careful especially if he looks like he's invested heavily in bottles and mixers LOL

All in all, much better music at Sing Sing Theater on 45 even if the the proportion of whores to "real" birds there has risen lately (60:40) up until about 1am when the latter head back into Thonglor to Beam, Badmotel or BlaqLyte (upstairs).

There is actually a door policy - I've seen queues of up to 70 people standing outside. If you don't look right, you ain't gettin' in.

2 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

There's no quality control at any of these dumps so there are lots of total w**kers who can barely contain their excitement at the thought of having a guaranteed lay at the end of the night.

Some guys will actually get punchy over a whore so be careful especially if he looks like he's invested heavily in bottles and mixers LOL

Very funny prose and quite true.

If you like to dance and/or chill I would recommend Mixx Sun-Tue or Th.

Because Wed. is ladies night and then, of course, Fri/Sat are weekend nights when it's packed to the rafters and unless you've practiced moves in a phone booth you can forget about squeezing on to the floor.

Sure Mixx has hookers aplenty but they mind their business if you mind yours. And if your business might be to give them some business, hey, the night's young. Otherwise, consider them eyecandy which came free with the cover charge. And, jeez, some of the "Russians" are serious lookers.

Talking about eyecandy I believe (not sure) Mixx has a free-entry policy for models and air crew. Which is a clever way to raise the candy quotient.

As for guys who sound off about working ladies and their patrons,  I would personally pay them an English teacher's entire monthly pay packet if I saw they could get to first base with a hiso Thai lass at any of the upscale Thonglor/Ekkamai joints.

If you are farang then stick to Soi 11, Mixx and Spasso. You're wasting your time elsewhere. On the other hand, if you are good-looking young Japanese/Korean, well then you have all of Bangkok at your feet you lucky bastard.

There's quite a lot "categories" between the "working girls"and the "hiso Thai lasses" but maybe some people don't get out in the day time.

It's like saying the choice of women available in say, the UK, is limited to aristocrats or council estate chavs.

I've been far beyond 1st base with women I've met at Demo in the distant past or Beam (more recently); Sing Sing too

It's amazing; they buy drinks, they have personalities, some can speak English and, if you can control your primal urges and make do with a phone number at the end of the night, they take you very, very seriously on the next encounter.

Soi 11, Mixx, Spasso etc are for men who can't be bothered or don't have time to go through the conventional approach with women. Why bother when you can just offer her compensation?

Higher end women in some of the places I mentioned are just, well....women.

Bit of wit, game, charm - whatever you call it - goes a long way.

Try it

What is your goal for the evening?

I ask guys this question when they talk about these clubs.  Any club and more so in Pattaya.

If you do not mind loud music, drinking and buying drinks, a late night 3 or 4 am, not much conversation due to the loud noise,  high prices, and a 50/50 chance of a non performer back home, then go enjoy....

Most of the guys that live here and are smart avoid these places. Maybe go for a drink then move on.

There are much better options if you are just looking for a ladies company.  Much much better.

But everyone has different goals, so do what you want good luck.

PS:  A shame Climax and BKK Beat are gone...

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

PS:  A shame Climax and BKK Beat are gone...

"A shame"??!!

When they closed, it was the best news all year. Both were total dives; strictly whoremonger territory.

Great for sexpat desperadoes but, for the more discerning and genuine clubber, of no value whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

"A shame"??!!

When they closed, it was the best news all year. Both were total dives; strictly whoremonger territory.

Great for sexpat desperadoes but, for the more discerning and genuine clubber, of no value whatsoever.

OK, sure I agree.  My goal is to meet girls and have a nice time, not play the club game.  So, enjoy the club game my friend!!

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

which means no hos from the caucasus or middle east…they want

6,000 bht.

Sir, you are missing out.

Russians are the best. Utterly wild and uninhibited, far more so than the typical Thai. And they like company if you get what I mean. Threesomes, foursomes, ..., as long as you can keep pouring the beer and vodka the party goes on.

I remember one night bringing home Natasha and her friends. And then my next memory was of waking the next day to empty beer bottles, condoms and cigarette butts everywhere. So I called Natasha and asked how many of them came (pun). She said 5. God, my chest swelled with pride.

And 6000, heck even 8 and 10, is the opening bid. Just wait a bit till the crowd starts to thin and 3's good. Sex, alcohol and cash is what those babes love and in about that order.

Oh, another thing about the Russians, Uzbeks actually. They mostly speak decent English and many are very well educated. A senior government official in Tashkent makes about $300/mth apparently and $500 is a huge salary. So , you can figure the economic impetus of a tour of Bangkok. I have "entertained" concert musicians, medical students, bank managers and the like, women you can have a conversation with and who aren't shy about what makes them happy, if you get my drift.

5 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Sir, you are missing out.

Russians are the best.

I have played had the pleasure of a few russian lasses…Valentina from Vladivostok stile my heart…and injured my pelvis for 3 weeks …. but there's just too much value in thailand to go down that path. Between russians and mongolians, I would pick the latter any day. 

Archived