Online High School in Thai language? (Homeschool)

Hello forum,

Does anyone know of an online high school fir students in the Thai language? 

My wife, daughter and I moved temporarily to the USA and are struggling to find an online high school that will work for us. Our daughter is 16 and she has completed her 10th grade in Sa Kaeo.

I realize that getting her into a local school would be best, but because of our circumstances, we would prefer home schooling in Thai. There are a ton of options in English, but I have not been able to find any schools that offer what we are looking for...

Does anyone have experience with this? 

Cheers all!

what state are you in ?

I guess at 16 years old she probably does not need to legally go to "real:" school  but you might check, if there even is Thai home schooling I doubt it would be approved in your state ,

if you are planning on staying in the USA , it would be better for her to go to regular school in English , and take ESL ( English as 2nd language) classes, good luck in your search.

1 hour ago, oldcarguy said:

what state are you in ?

I guess at 16 years old she probably does not need to legally go to "real:" school  but you might check ,

if there even is Thai home schooling I doubt it would be approved in your state ,

if you are planning on staying in the USA , it would be better for her to go to regular school in English , and take ESL ( English as 2nd language) classes ,

good luck in your search

We are in Massachusetts at the moment. There are great schools here and ideally, going to a US high school would be best. But as my work is project based, it might be more flexible if she could do the home school route. We are definitely going to enroll her in ESL classes and other local sports to get her involved with other kids. Thanks for the tips!

here is an idea ,

have your wife write a letter in Thai asking about this and that she wants her daughter to get a Thai education, language , culture ,  etc

then send the letter to all the English speaking Thai Embassies.....

you might get lucky and whoever reads if might be in the same boat or have an answer...

Good Luck

1 minute ago, oldcarguy said:

here is an idea ,

have your wife write a letter in Thai asking about this and that she wants her daughter to get a Thai education, language , culture ,  etc

then send the letter to all the English speaking Thai Embassies.....

you might get lucky and whoever reads if might be in the same boat or have an answer...

Good Luck

Well that is a great idea- thanks a bunch, oldcarguy!

Just trying to think out of the box ,   which may be the one thing your daughter needs to learn in the USA :)

But really you need to try and get her to be interested in  things out of her small world, 

How many Thais have ever asked you about what it is like at your hometown etc ?

Most Thais do not seem to care about the rest of the world ( Americans are only a little better) ,

Have your daughter ask questions  and learn  other things than just school and Pop culture ,

The way Thailand will get better is with young people understanding that there are other ways to learn , then to just repeat what the teacher says and remember it until the test......

enough rambling , I hope she grows up to be a free thinker and makes you PROUD

20 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

Just trying to think out of the box ,   which may be the one thing your daughter needs to learn in the USA :)

But really you need to try and get her to be interested in  things out of her small world, 

How many Thais have ever asked you about what it is like at your hometown etc ?

Most Thais do not seem to care about the rest of the world ( Americans are only a little better) ,

Have your daughter ask questions  and learn  other things than just school and Pop culture ,

The way Thailand will get better is with young people understanding that there are other ways to learn , then to just repeat what the teacher says and remember it until the test......

enough rambling , I hope she grows up to be a free thinker and makes you PROUD

Great advice and something to really think about when making these decisions! 

Archived