Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

snoop1130

Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

20170825_๑๗๐๘๒๕_0002-696x464.jpg

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha says ‘I love you’ in sign language Friday at the Thailand Labour Management Excellence Awards event in Nonthaburi province.

BANGKOK — Junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday he cannot be held accountable for damages caused by actions he takes using his absolute power.

Asked if he should be responsible for the billions of baht it may cost the state to settle with an Australian mining concern he shut down by fiat last year – while his elected predecessor was held criminally and financially liable for the losses of a graft-tainted subsidy program – Prayuth said he had no such responsibility.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/08/30/absolute-power-means-can-whatever-prayuth-says/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-8-30

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that just about sums up the attitude of the junta and his cohorts like suthep and yet there are still clowns who support this neanderthal.

He may escape the judicial system but he will eventually have to face the masses and history suggests such persons are dealt with in a very public way.

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

Can't wait to hear how his supporters are going to try and sell this latest one...

But he didn't want to be leader. He only did so because his elite and moral skills in leadership made him duty bound to do so. He knew he had to sacrifice for his country. He wishes there was someone better to take his place but there isn't. 

So what if he 'personally' shut down a mine that may cost the tax payer billions of baht? - How is he responsible for that? He's only responsible for the good things. 

It's all just one big misunderstanding. 

His days are numbered. Be will be gone by the end of the year, Elections next year or by the very latest June 2019. Constitution - as of Yingluck's last week - restored. People waiting in the shadows as we type. Ch-o-ch in the dock soon.

41 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He actually used those words?

Quoting from the Khaosodenglish full-article  ...

“Talking in terms of using the Article 44 in this country, I don’t have to be held accountable at all. I can do whatever,” Prayuth said Tuesday. “If talking in terms of arbitration law or international law, then we will have to fight the case…But when I use the Article 44, I don’t have to fear anything, because it protects me.”

“This government prioritizes the people more (than the previous government). As in many other cases, gains or losses are another story,” he said. “But if we did not make it clear, there would continue to be a protest,” Prayuth said, referring to protests staged against Akara and its mines. “But when there is a problem after, you tell the government to take responsibility. It’s a different story from the rice-pledging. That was corruption. You have to be able to distinguish.”

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

'So what about the war on drugs, then', probably.

or   'Yingluck went shopping don't you know'  or  'She never chaired a Rice meeting'  or   'It's more peaceful now with those nice guys with the guns'  

Still Suthep pledged his undying love today (no thread though)  so all's well that ends well na?   

14 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

or   'Yingluck went shopping don't you know'  or  'She never chaired a Rice meeting'  or   'It's more peaceful now with those nice guys with the guns'  

Still Suthep pledged his undying love today (no thread though)  so all's well that ends well na?   

YL is guilty (how else if your own ministers do fake g2g deals and your warned about it)and Prayut is an mad man wallows in his power he is one of the worst in communicating with the media ever.. but then again he is not a politician.. how about that.. see you can condemn both its not that hard except for those who are true believers who call YL heroine even though she did a runner and is guillty.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

YL is guilty (how else if your own ministers do fake g2g deals and your warned about it)and Prayut is an mad man wallows in his power he is one of the worst in communicating with the media ever.. but then again he is not a politician.. how about that.. see you can condemn both its not that hard except for those who are true believers who call YL heroine even though she did a runner and is guillty.

ah you are now a supreme court judge 

I thought you were an accountant

Almost surprising, but not really.  The ability of Thais to rationalize their actions is just more stunning than I ever thought possible.  One PM is different from another PM, and they can and will apply whatever standards of conduct or made up rules of law they want or can, if able to do so.  throughout history, there have been very few very altruistic dictators.  As the old saying goes:  "Power corrupts, and absolutely power corrupts absolutely".

4 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

ah you are now a supreme court judge 

I thought you were an accountant

I am still an accountant.. should have stated IMHO  but we will wait for the verdict I have good faith in it after all the proof Boonsong got buried with. And don't forget only guilty people run :shock1:

Archived