Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

snoop1130

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am still an accountant.. should have stated IMHO  but we will wait for the verdict I have good faith in it after all the proof Boonsong got buried with. And don't forget only guilty people run :shock1:

Er, no.

Non guilty people also run when the odds are stacked against them, no jury, and the judges and court system are, how can I put it... not quite straight. Yes, bent is the word I was looking for...

6 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Er, no.

Non guilty people also run when the odds are stacked against them, no jury, and the judges and court system are, how can I put it... not quite straight. Yes, bent is the word I was looking for...

Tue... too bad this is not the case now.. so much evidence against her fellow cabinet members for corruption and she was warned.. I will have to wait for the verdict.. but I feel a real high chance  of her being guilty based on evidence presented. I liked the article today that if we were asked (regardless of our political preference) if people who allowed corruption with their knowledge would have to be punished we would all say yes.. but when it concerns people we like we hesitate even though the evidence is there. 

Anyway if the evidence is as strong against her as Boonsong then there is nothing political about it it all. We will see with the verdict.

But Prayut is an idiot with what he says and how he communicates with the media. Too bad art 45 protects him, i feel he should be held responsible too for failures (if the mine deal is a failure.. will have to wait for an international court to see who is right)

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Very true. Only 99% of them end up addicted.

Stupid statistics.. so your in the 1% of people who drank alcohol and did not become an addict.. and you know of 99% of people who is addicted to alcohol.. remember its a harddrug. 

2 hours ago, Reigntax said:

And that just about sums up the attitude of the junta and his cohorts like suthep and yet there are still clowns who support this neanderthal.

He may escape the judicial system but he will eventually have to face the masses and history suggests such persons are dealt with in a very public way.

History suggests they live happily ever after in excile.

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Very true. Only 99% of them end up addicted.

Depends on the drug but never 99%.

"32 percent of people who try tobacco become dependent, as do 23 percent of those who try heroin, 17 percent who try cocaine, 15 percent who try alcohol and 9 percent who try marijuana."

47 minutes ago, robblok said:

YL is guilty (how else if your own ministers do fake g2g deals and your warned about it)and Prayut is an mad man wallows in his power he is one of the worst in communicating with the media ever.. but then again he is not a politician.. how about that.. see you can condemn both its not that hard except for those who are true believers who call YL heroine even though she did a runner and is guillty.

Of couse, he's a politician. The army is a highly politicized organization. "politician is a person active in party politics, or a person holding or seeking office in government." (Wikipedia). And most other definitions say the same thing. Anyway, you say he's inept at communicating with the media. This is the least of his faults and he doesn't have to get votes so it's not an impediment. But what he said is absolutely true. He is unaccountable. He can do what he likes. 

45 minutes ago, champers said:

No. He will do a runner. Thaksin and Yingluk will look slow out of the blocks by comparison.

Didn't he grant himself a full and total amnesty from all prosecution  making himself totally untouchable?  No need to run as no court could touch him.  He is one very very dangerous man if anyone tries to hold him accountable for anything, ultimate power means he controls everything and everyone in the country.

9 minutes ago, tomta said:

Of couse, he's a politician. The army is a highly politicized organization. "politician is a person active in party politics, or a person holding or seeking office in government." (Wikipedia). And most other definitions say the same thing. Anyway, you say he's inept at communicating with the media. This is the least of his faults and he doesn't have to get votes so it's not an impediment. But what he said is absolutely true. He is unaccountable. He can do what he likes. 

Actually prayuth said himself 2 weeks ago, I'm not a politician, I have no time for such things.

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Can't wait to hear how his supporters are going to try and sell this latest one...

His supporters have lost all credibility, they are driving everyone on here nuts about accountability, justice and the like, yet ONLY for the other side. 

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

His days are numbered. Be will be gone by the end of the year, Elections next year or by the very latest June 2019. Constitution - as of Yingluck's last week - restored. People waiting in the shadows as we type. Ch-o-ch in the dock soon.

i dont think so, despite his apparent mental breakdown, he and his pack still have the backing of the real rulers

1 hour ago, robblok said:

He is bad with the media and egocentric that is for sure, but that does not make YL any less guilty. Only true believers still think YL is not guilty after seeing the evidence boonsong and many others were buried with. Its impossible to not be guitly of negligence if your own cabinet members are guilty of fake g2g deals ripping off the Thai treasury for 30 billion+ of damages and you were warned about it and did nothing. Nah.. she guilty.. and your a true believer.. can't accept any bad word about YL while I have no problem trashing Prayut and many things he did.

But this thread is about Prayuth it has nothing to do with Yingluck. But since you are bringing her up, Prayuth should be charged with criminal negligence for this little stunt, but won't simply because he awarded himself amnesty. 

And as witnessed by his own remarks, "I can do whatever", stop talking about Yingluck, she is a saint compared to this bloke. 

4 hours ago, Reigntax said:

And that just about sums up the attitude of the junta and his cohorts like suthep and yet there are still clowns who support this neanderthal.

He may escape the judicial system but he will eventually have to face the masses and history suggests such persons are dealt with in a very public way.

555 most of masses dont care and hes got a lot of support like it or not I my thia wife our extended thai fmaily and most of thais we know prefer him to Taksin of ocurse if their was a real choice between an evil would be mugabwe trying to make Thialand his own one party state and army that would be nice but their is not so better anything than Taksin IMO and opinion of many

From everything I've read here locally, the mine in question was an environmental disaster to the surrounding areas and population. Lots of contamination that wasn't being remediated. So based on that, I think Prayut/the government did the right thing in ordering the closure.

However, I never understood/saw it explained why the government -- instead of using Article 44 -- simply couldn't have acted under whatever weak environmental regulations they may have on mining, since based on the various accounts, the mining operation definitely was a hazard to the surrounding population. That would have been a defensible closure, as opposed to the fiat Article 44 approach.

2 hours ago, Bezdomny said:

If they really didnt shepherd her out than he is in bigger trouble than he thinks. It shows he doesn't have control over the army and police and there are people waiting to overthrow him. He might end in jail too soon...

exactly why he has to tread very carefully and be smart about it, once he took of the uniform he effectively handed the power to someone else - he must rely on others to back him

How do you change this dynamic in any country ?, either over a very very long time in small steps with a lot of luck and commitment or a violent and bloody civil war with no guarantee of the outcome 

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i dont think so, despite his apparent mental breakdown, he and his pack still have the backing of the real rulers

So did the previous elected government but that meant nothing to Prayuth in his pursuit of ultimate power.

"Akara had become a public pariah due to reports of severe health and environmental damages blamed on its mines in three provinces."

It appears he made a point of putting the health of the people before money.

A lot of governments around the world could and should use this as an example.....oil companies are just one example of destroying all around them.....and be made accountable for the health of the nation.

13 hours ago, londonthai said:

one day he is going to be in prison

Naaaa,,, He'll book a tik with the Thaskin/Yinluck tour service... And live happily with all his legally gained billions from his years of honest government service... lol

"Absolute power, corrupts absolutely"

2 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

Naaaa,,, He'll book a tik with the Thaskin/Yinluck tour service... And live happily with all his legally gained billions from his years of honest government service... lol

"Absolute power, corrupts absolutely"

I was wondering why it has taken 6 pages for the "absolute power" quote to be used. I was going to do it if nobody else did. :smile:

Anyway, P might think that he has immunity (given by himself in a new constitution) but a new government can easily overrule that by the same method. Better keep a bag packed and make sure all your funds are offshore.

"Absolute power means I can do whatever"... I don't know the extent of the law,, But wouldn't that statement border on, Lese Majeste laws??  Seems to me,, a person making that statement seems to think that they are above the monarchy doesn't it? I'm quite sure it would be interpreted that way for mere, "mortal" beings

Why did he shut the mines?

The strife began not long after the mines began operating. Akara, the largest and partly Australian owned, received its license to mine in the three provinces in 2001. For over a decade now, communities have complained of pollution and toxic contamination caused by the mines. Several tests found people living nearby had unsafe levels of heavy metals.

Atchara cited a 2014 order from junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha ordering that gold mine operations must be transparent, environmentally friendly and not opposed by the community.

Seems reasonable. The question remains can he really "do anything" without repercussion. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction .......

Archived