Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

snoop1130

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

None left.  They just fled the country.

Well, it is a little unclear if the chickens actually left the country because nobody seems to know how or where they departed.

Well, I guess if the new government leaves article 44 in place meaning they can do anything , they could change his non-prosecution amnesty at a later date. I fear this guy at some point will be sharing a plane with certain comrades on a flight to asylum. NK would be my guess.

16 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Why did he shut the mines?

The strife began not long after the mines began operating. Akara, the largest and partly Australian owned, received its license to mine in the three provinces in 2001. For over a decade now, communities have complained of pollution and toxic contamination caused by the mines. Several tests found people living nearby had unsafe levels of heavy metals.

Atchara cited a 2014 order from junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha ordering that gold mine operations must be transparent, environmentally friendly and not opposed by the community.

Seems reasonable. The question remains can he really "do anything" without repercussion. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction .......

What he should have said was that the mines were an environmental and health disaster and he was instructing the appropriate agencies to commence legal actions against Akara. 

But the Thai ego kicks in, gob opens, and out spews the usual.

11 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Er, no.

Non guilty people also run when the odds are stacked against them, no jury, and the judges and court system are, how can I put it... not quite straight. Yes, bent is the word I was looking for...

But then innocent people run quickly, like the lady fleeing from the ruthless dictator Maduro. 

They don't tend to hang about until just before the verdict.

13 hours ago, londonthai said:

one day he is going to be in prison

Never, ever going to happen. He'll be PM as long as he wants, well into the post-election time-frame. Then he'll "retire" to the Privy Council.

It is surprising that he is willing to speak of his unfettered power publicly.

What's not surprising is that he knows his absolute power in unquestionable, both morally and legally - he did grant himself and the Junta full, complete amnesty in perpetuity.

Article 44 looks tasty, who wouldn't want absolute power, but in reality, it is not a good way to govern. He drops Article 44 decrees on a whim, with little or no legal oversight. Sprinkle in liberal use of various "laws" (112/116/CCA) and it's not a good look.

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Stupid statistics.. so your in the 1% of people who drank alcohol and did not become an addict.. and you know of 99% of people who is addicted to alcohol.. remember its a harddrug. 

Of topic I know, but surprised if 99% of the people who drink alcohol become alcoholics. Your source?

14 hours ago, rkidlad said:

But he didn't want to be leader. He only did so because his elite and moral skills in leadership made him duty bound to do so. He knew he had to sacrifice for his country. He wishes there was someone better to take his place but there isn't. 

So what if he 'personally' shut down a mine that may cost the tax payer billions of baht? - How is he responsible for that? He's only responsible for the good things. 

It's all just one big misunderstanding. 

May I put forth a suggestion as who would have been better?.............................

222.png

38 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But then innocent people run quickly, like the lady fleeing from the ruthless dictator Maduro. 

They don't tend to hang about until just before the verdict.

I was not aware there was a set protocol for when innocent people run from injustice.  I always thought it was a personal choice.

19 hours ago, baboon said:

Can't wait to hear how his supporters are going to try and sell this latest one...

Simple , if he has absolute power , don't pay anything to the miners . Worst case , pay a few billion THB to keep those poluting mother f farang out . Compare that to the hundreds of billion THB the rice scheme has cost and didn't go to a breach in contract but into the pockets of the corrupt yingluck government.

You go Prayut !

2 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I was not aware there was a set protocol for when innocent people run from injustice.  I always thought it was a personal choice.

Personal choice to run.

But how many high profile cases can you name where a person has been through a lengthy trial, appearing personally and delivering statements, and then legging it at the last minute?

Polanski in very different circumstances. But can't think of anymore.

Don't think there's a protocol or even a "Jumping bail for dummies" guide. But most get out quick before a security presence ensures they can't. But then again, they don't live in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Personal choice to run.

But how many high profile cases can you name where a person has been through a lengthy trial, appearing personally and delivering statements, and then legging it at the last minute?

Polanski in very different circumstances. But can't think of anymore.

Don't think there's a protocol or even a "Jumping bail for dummies" guide. But most get out quick before a security presence ensures they can't. But then again, they don't live in Thailand.

Just curious if there is no protocol as you state now why did you say " innocent people run quickly" That is what my post was about not the history of people running or what happened in the past.  It was the fact you said  They run quickly and do not hang around. There is no protocol for that and never has been so that post was pure conjecture admit it.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Well, I guess if the new government leaves article 44 in place meaning they can do anything , they could change his non-prosecution amnesty at a later date. I fear this guy at some point will be sharing a plane with certain comrades on a flight to asylum. NK would be my guess.

He will be swopping places with Thaksin by the end of October, a life in luxurious exile awaits this fool.

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I really don't think so, not with the Senate supercommittee in place. Too many noises and the next government will be out before you can say 'State Law and Order Restoration Council'....

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Asked if he should be responsible for the billions of baht it may cost the state to settle with an Australian mining concern he shut down while his elected predecessor was held criminally and financially liable for the losses of a graft-tainted subsidy program – Prayuth said he had no such responsibility.

I guess some Chinese officials due to sign the high speed rail contract next week are now raising their eyebrows in a way they cover their scalps.

Who says there is no development here? From Siam to Thailand to Prayutistan...

Somebody must have told him: make sure you do the right three finger salute or they'll come and arrest you.

15 hours ago, Reigntax said:

I hope they come with the option of being bullet proof and with a gun turret.

15 hours ago, Reigntax said:

I hope they come with the option of being bullet proof and with a gun turret.

Possibly submersible as well.

Archived