Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

snoop1130

Just for interest the mine in question has had a permit to restart operations since February this year.  From memory it was basically a stunt so that a Bangkok hiso could take over the lease, you would need to read media from outside Thailand to see this.  Remember all is not as it seems, especially in Thailand.  So it looks like the PM has been found to be in proximity to the corruption cookie jar,  hence the I cannot be prosecuted statement, maybe.

Cheers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

He can't be an accountant, because that is a restricted employment in Thailand, for which a foreigner can't get a work permit.

So what are you saying: he IS a Thai Supreme Court judge?! I thought that was definitely not open to farangs!! 

How wrong can one be. Thailand:  never ceases to amaze nah shock!

16 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:
13 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

He can't be an accountant, because that is a restricted employment in Thailand, for which a foreigner can't get a work permit.

So what are you saying: he IS a Thai Supreme Court judge?! I thought that was definitely not open to farangs!! 

How wrong can one be. Thailand:  never ceases to amaze nah shock!

No I didn't say that.

15 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Is that an Illuminati sign he is giving, or does he like Heavy Metal music?

carabao.jpg.88b7297703f39861f610a2009fd48b82.jpgdownload.jpg.97f95b189013e015b024c89d1eb53b80.jpgpray

Those resident in Thailand must be familiar with the Carabao (kwai) salute. Used by politicians to connect with the lower echelons.  Represents the horns of the buffalo.

1 hour ago, BuaBS said:

Compare that to the hundreds of billion THB the rice scheme has cost

Yes, the rice scheme was expensive and did cost a lot.

But you should stop comparing every single action of the junta with the rice scheme, and instead compare the combined actions of the junta with the rice scheme.

We have an estimate here for 30 billion baht of which zero goes to the local people, and before that we had 30 billion for some useless submarines, and some billions for rockets, armored vehicles, and other military stuff. And the loss in investments due to instability and the protests initiated by their lackey... And upcoming: a high speed railway which won't be cheap.

It wont take long of the junta surpasses the rice scheme and in this case almost nothing ends up by people who need the money.

Just now, IamNoone88 said:

Why did he shut the mines?

The strife began not long after the mines began operating. Akara, the largest and partly Australian owned, received its license to mine in the three provinces in 2001. For over a decade now, communities have complained of pollution and toxic contamination caused by the mines. Several tests found people living nearby had unsafe levels of heavy metals.

Atchara cited a 2014 order from junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha ordering that gold mine operations must be transparent, environmentally friendly and not opposed by the community.

Seems reasonable. The question remains can he really "do anything" without repercussion. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction .......

But I recall that there was a study that showed that A) yes there were heavy metals in the water, but that B) the metals were not associated with gold mining activities and so another source (natural or human) was the cause. This was the reason that no laws were used against the mine because it had been proven that the mine operators weren't breaking environmental laws.

Then Big P stepped in and shut the operation down :coffee1:

1 minute ago, Bob12345 said:

Yes, the rice scheme was expensive and did cost a lot.

But you should stop comparing every single action of the junta with the rice scheme, and instead compare the combined actions of the junta with the rice scheme.

We have an estimate here for 30 billion baht of which zero goes to the local people, and before that we had 30 billion for some useless submarines, and some billions for rockets, armored vehicles, and other military stuff. And the loss in investments due to instability and the protests initiated by their lackey... And upcoming: a high speed railway which won't be cheap.

It wont take long of the junta surpasses the rice scheme and in this case almost nothing ends up by people who need the money.

"It wont take long of the junta surpasses the rice scheme and in this case almost nothing ends up by people who need the money."

Corruption (seems to be a cultural trait) is well entrenched and not likely to change anytime soon, sadly. :sad: The country, unfortunately, is not able to mature beyond feudalism.

16 hours ago, maxpower said:

disasters.jpg.b4ca4ff30ce12d16519a131c34200023.jpg

An excellent post; A picture says a thousand words and I can only agree with every one. Here's another gem that he probably has framed above his bed . . . or breakfast table, maybe, just to inspire him to greater stupidity as a new day dawns.

sak-nak floods, prayut late clean-up.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ossy said:

An excellent post; A picture says a thousand words and I can only agree with every one. Here's another gem that he probably has framed above his bed . . . or breakfast table, maybe, just to inspire him to greater stupidity as a new day dawns.

"Light at the end of the tunnel" can also mean a train is coming! :thumbsup:

As long as the US State Department doesn't assign the label, dictator, to anyone in Thailand, then all is well.  If the 'D' word ever surfaces in a press release though, then it's synonymous to the phrase regime change.  So, at the moment, all is well.  The powers to be are dancing to the correct tune, therefore they have a free hand to act as they choose.  What fun is power if you can't wield it?  

15 minutes ago, SABloke said:

But I recall that there was a study that showed that A) yes there were heavy metals in the water, but that B) the metals were not associated with gold mining activities and so another source (natural or human) was the cause. This was the reason that no laws were used against the mine because it had been proven that the mine operators weren't breaking environmental laws.

Forgive me if I'm more than a bit dubious about that study and those claims.... Thailand is a poster child for corporate irresponsibility when it comes to ignoring environmental regulations and dumping who knows what who knows where -- not to mention likewise being a poster child for government incompetence.

15 hours ago, wgdanson said:

When I was younger that hand sign always meant bull sh##. Some how the meaning has changed over the years. 

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Forgive me if I'm more than a bit dubious about that study and those claims.... Thailand is a poster child for corporate irresponsibility when it comes to ignoring environmental regulations and dumping who knows what who knows where -- not to mention likewise being a poster child for government incompetence.

True, which is why it is also possible that someone else was dumping. I also remember that the one girl was struggling getting compensation because the courts did not have any evidence - so why would the courts (controlled by Prayuth apparently) be hesitant to fine the mining company? From what I read on here, evidence is irrelevant in Thai courts so it would be easy for them to just lie and say that the mining company was at fault. :unsure:

I like his right arm rising.....Hmmmh, any resemblance to Mr. Hitler? Both dictators....?

Anyway, I would be happy if he use his power to "move Thailand forward". As long he is "ruling" the other ASEAN states can continue overtaking this little kingdom in economy, education and culture

16 hours ago, wgdanson said:

As confusing as Thailand itself that when/ where I grew up, I seem to remember that hand signal meaning something absolutely appropriate.   

Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

For him to publicly proclaim that he cannot be adjudged responsible for his blunders, that he is, personally, above the law, pretty well completes the portrait of a loser * that he started forty sad months ago. With draconian Article 44 powers, 2 years ago, and last year’s referendum for an ‘army-reinforced constitution’, where the hell are the plans for an election? Just how do P1 and his medal-encrusted cohorts spend their time, apart from, in recent days, fending off well-meaning Q’s from the media.

(*) to coin an expression from another egotistical president he is proposing to visit 'sometime soon'. Can't wait to see the handshake!

19 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

When I was younger that hand sign always meant bull sh##. Some how the meaning has changed over the years. 

The hand horns salute goes back to the 70's in heavy metal. The I love u one they're using is older, apparently used in deaf culture for over a century, but popularized much more recently. 

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

"It wont take long of the junta surpasses the rice scheme and in this case almost nothing ends up by people who need the money."

Corruption (seems to be a cultural trait) is well entrenched and not likely to change anytime soon, sadly. :sad: The country, unfortunately, is not able to mature beyond feudalism.

Corruption is everywhere , only they cover it up with words like : lobbying , big pharma , militairy industrial complex ,...

Not much difference between Thailand and western world .

Archived