Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

snoop1130

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, icare999 said:

555 most of masses dont care and hes got a lot of support like it or not I my thia wife our extended thai fmaily and most of thais we know prefer him to Taksin of ocurse if their was a real choice between an evil would be mugabwe trying to make Thialand his own one party state and army that would be nice but their is not so better anything than Taksin IMO and opinion of many

Once again the old "all the Thais I know" BLAH, BLAH all agree with me....

3 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I was not aware there was a set protocol for when innocent people run from injustice.  I always thought it was a personal choice.

Normally yeah but perhaps in this case the absconder absconded after a phone call telling her to bugger off or else.

3 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Simple , if he has absolute power , don't pay anything to the miners . Worst case , pay a few billion THB to keep those poluting mother f farang out . Compare that to the hundreds of billion THB the rice scheme has cost and didn't go to a breach in contract but into the pockets of the corrupt yingluck government.

You go Prayut !

"You go Prayut!"... the sooner he goes the better.

42 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I like his right arm rising.....Hmmmh, any resemblance to Mr. Hitler? Both dictators....?

Anyway, I would be happy if he use his power to "move Thailand forward". As long he is "ruling" the other ASEAN states can continue overtaking this little kingdom in economy, education and culture

From Asia.Nikkei.com recently:

"Scant progress on all these fronts is evidenced by lackluster growth. Thailand's roughly 3% pace is the slowest among Southeast Asian peers. The Philippine economy, by contrast, is expanding more than 6%, while Indonesia's is growing above 5%. Worse still, today's policy drift and short-termism are raising the odds of a lost economic decade for Thailand."

Not that the Government takes notice of any knowledgeable 'outsiders'. :sad:

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

Sounds like he thinks he's top dog in the world. How's this for a pedigree record?:

In September 2014, Time magazine reported that he had become "increasingly eccentric" and "highly superstitious" since taking power.  He has stated publicly that he consults a fortune teller regularly. He said there was no harm in seeking advice. When suffering from fever and aches early in his premiership, he blamed his ills on spells cast by his political enemies and combated the malady with holy water.

Exactly the sort of person you'd want to be wielding absolute power

1 minute ago, Ossy said:

Sounds like he thinks he's top dog in the world. How's this for a pedigree record?:

In September 2014, Time magazine reported that he had become "increasingly eccentric" and "highly superstitious" since taking power.  He has stated publicly that he consults a fortune teller regularly. He said there was no harm in seeking advice. When suffering from fever and aches early in his premiership, he blamed his ills on spells cast by his political enemies and combated the malady with holy water.

Exactly the sort of person you'd want to be wielding absolute power

Probably a good reason why he is fearful of the media and wants to control it! He does not want his people to remember 'history'.  :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Corruption is everywhere , only they cover it up with words like : lobbying , big pharma , militairy industrial complex ,...

Not much difference between Thailand and western world .

In the Western world you don't go to jail for sharing a BBC report, and when Western heads of state are caught with their trousers down they can't get away with saying "I can do whatever" I want.

5 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"Scant progress on all these fronts is evidenced by lackluster growth. Thailand's roughly 3% pace is the slowest among Southeast Asian peers. The Philippine economy, by contrast, is expanding more than 6%, while Indonesia's is growing above 5%. Worse still, today's policy drift and short-termism are raising the odds of a lost economic decade for Thailand."

It's all going to take a lot of repair work . . . a lot of hard, good quality repair work . . . and from all government departments. Any idea where you can find that? Not from Thai road repair crews, that's for sure.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday he cannot be held accountable for damages caused by actions he takes using his absolute power.

Doesn't this guy just cry out - to the whole world, since it's the whole damn world that's watching, in stunned disbelief, as  top dog P1 takes Thailand's daily crazy show one crazy step further - for sympathy, understanding and respect? From the moment that I heard his first televised 'brain-wash' attempts, I knew he was a wrong ‘un . . . the sort of person you'd expect to lead a coup against a government that’s spending your family’s brass, in fact. And if that doesn’t get him giving the ‘I love you’ wave, I think this might:

I forecast on here, yesterday, that Yingluck would go to the UK - the place that, he proclaimed, wouldn't offer her political asylum - and, where is she? That she was planning her son's UK schooling, a couple of days ago, might give you a clue. Talk about barking up the wrong tree . . . our top dog does that as soon as you bang his dish.

16 hours ago, Thechook said:

Didn't he grant himself a full and total amnesty from all prosecution  making himself totally untouchable?  No need to run as no court could touch him.  He is one very very dangerous man if anyone tries to hold him accountable for anything, ultimate power means he controls everything and everyone in the country.

But surely if and when a new government takes over, they can also enact art.44 and over ride his blanket amnesty!

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

That is exactly what I said. But the Army seems not to be interested in any statistic unless there are their own. It will have a lot of brain and knowledge in the next govt.- hopefully not ruled by Army - to overcome all these obstacles as it it shown t present.

Whilst been following TV for years only recently joined as I was considering retiring to Thailand.

Having spent hours trawling though the threads,  and just reading this latest one then it appears that the well off  people, and especially the current PM ( junta mouthpiece), are so utterly corrupt that the only possibility of undertaking my retirement wish if these gangsters are executed in what I foresee will be a massive blood letting very soon.

Surely they must understand that you can keep some of the people down all of the time but you can not keep all of the people down some of the time ?

We must also not forget that this is the same man that consults soothsayers for both personal and policy matters. Once he clamed that the reason he was ill was because "bad people" were casting spells on him (red-shirts).  The same guy that jailed Pai Dao Din for sharing a BBC article, created "attitude adjustment", blamed rape on foreign women being too attractive, and actually deployed security forces to reduce the number of hip-thrusts in a musical performance.  He actually used the state security apparatus and resources to be deployed at a concert because he found the performance distasteful. In the West that would be the end of your career as a head of state.  Talk show hosts and comedians would have a field day with some of the stuff this guy has done/said, but of course, they would be able to do that because they wouldn't be threatened with a jail sentence for doing so as they live in a society where speech is not a crime.  And what I have just mentioned is the tip of the ice-burgh.  What remains a mystery to me - even more so that the disappearance of Yingluck, Lord Lucon and the Barbuda Triangle  - is how anyone can possibly have confidence in this man as a head of state.  The support he has among both Thais and foreigners alike, seems to be the result of a seriously disturbing, pathological hatred of the Thaksin and the red-shirt mob.  As in, it's completely irrational. 

42 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

But surely if and when a new government takes over, they can also enact art.44 and over ride his blanket amnesty!

Sounds feasible BUT reality is that the Army will always be in the background 'keeping control' and they probably would not allow such action to take place. :sad:

3 minutes ago, shamrock09 said:

I thought it was a Satanic symbol. Seems to be popular with many politicians.

It is actually a sign to ward off the evil eye. No wonder the General feels the need to use it given his popularity. 

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Sounds feasible BUT reality is that the Army will always be in the background 'keeping control' and they probably would not allow such action to take place. :sad:

Unless of course it's another coup and the army switches sides, because it seems that this bloke is losing touch with reality, lot of if's there i know, but TIT

Prayut is a dangerous piece or work who regularly exhibits serious personality disorders. An absolute narcissist with absolute power is not the quality of person Thailand needs keep law and order and promote unity, prosperity and reconciliation in the country.

Archived