Absolute Power Means 'I Can Do Whatever,' Prayuth Says

snoop1130

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

The hand horns salute goes back to the 70's in heavy metal. The I love u one they're using is older, apparently used in deaf culture for over a century, but popularized much more recently. 

Definite cultural differences: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity_in_American_Sign_Languagel

A common misconception is the sign for "bullshit." Signed with both arms held out, elbows bent, and folded in front of the signer with the dominant forearm on top, the dominant hand mimics a pair of horns with the index and pinkie finger. The non-dominant hand mimics the "business end" with flapping fingers. This sign is not considered part of ASL. It is however part of New Zealand Sign Language.[1] The correct sign in ASL is performed with both the pointer and pinkie finger being extended and thrusting the hand forward to signify "bullshit". 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MorristheRunt said:

He will be swopping places with Thaksin by the end of October, a life in luxurious exile awaits this fool.

Why at the end of october is something happening then? to change the situation? will thaksin and lingluck, be able to come back to Thailand then?

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

We must also not forget that this is the same man that consults soothsayers for both personal and policy matters. Once he clamed that the reason he was ill was because "bad people" were casting spells on him (red-shirts).  The same guy that jailed Pai Dao Din for sharing a BBC article, created "attitude adjustment", blamed rape on foreign women being too attractive, and actually deployed security forces to reduce the number of hip-thrusts in a musical performance.  He actually used the state security apparatus and resources to be deployed at a concert because he found the performance distasteful. In the West that would be the end of your career as a head of state.  Talk show hosts and comedians would have a field day with some of the stuff this guy has done/said, but of course, they would be able to do that because they wouldn't be threatened with a jail sentence for doing so as they live in a society where speech is not a crime.  And what I have just mentioned is the tip of the ice-burgh.  What remains a mystery to me - even more so that the disappearance of Yingluck, Lord Lucon and the Barbuda Triangle  - is how anyone can possibly have confidence in this man as a head of state.  The support he has among both Thais and foreigners alike, seems to be the result of a seriously disturbing, pathological hatred of the Thaksin and the red-shirt mob.  As in, it's completely irrational. 

hsve you seen lam yai dance its x rated. We dont need young girls to see it.

18 hours ago, robblok said:

Tue... too bad this is not the case now.. so much evidence against her fellow cabinet members for corruption and she was warned.. I will have to wait for the verdict.. but I feel a real high chance  of her being guilty based on evidence presented. I liked the article today that if we were asked (regardless of our political preference) if people who allowed corruption with their knowledge would have to be punished we would all say yes.. but when it concerns people we like we hesitate even though the evidence is there. 

Anyway if the evidence is as strong against her as Boonsong then there is nothing political about it it all. We will see with the verdict.

But Prayut is an idiot with what he says and how he communicates with the media. Too bad art 45 protects him, i feel he should be held responsible too for failures (if the mine deal is a failure.. will have to wait for an international court to see who is right)

Shine on . . . has he found another article to wrap round himself? 44's enough for most folk.

3 hours ago, Ossy said:

Sounds like he thinks he's top dog in the world. How's this for a pedigree record?:

In September 2014, Time magazine reported that he had become "increasingly eccentric" and "highly superstitious" since taking power.  He has stated publicly that he consults a fortune teller regularly. He said there was no harm in seeking advice. When suffering from fever and aches early in his premiership, he blamed his ills on spells cast by his political enemies and combated the malady with holy water.

Exactly the sort of person you'd want to be wielding absolute power

He has 'protection' from his amulet collection and the spirits 

Amulets.png

18 hours ago, Thechook said:

Didn't he grant himself a full and total amnesty from all prosecution  making himself totally untouchable?  No need to run as no court could touch him.  He is one very very dangerous man if anyone tries to hold him accountable for anything, ultimate power means he controls everything and everyone in the country.

Yet the fanboys still wobble on about the amnesty the PTP tried to bring in but were defeated democratically.

3 hours ago, Ossy said:

<snip for brevity>

I forecast on here, yesterday, that Yingluck would go to the UK - the place that, he proclaimed, wouldn't offer her political asylum - and, where is she? That she was planning her son's UK schooling, a couple of days ago, might give you a clue. Talk about barking up the wrong tree . . . our top dog does that as soon as you bang his dish.

"where is she ?"

That's very interesting, do you have a link to show that she was in the UK a couple of days ago, please ?

It's interesting that the might of Thai government, not to mention Thaksin's twitter-posts & the international-media, haven't made more of the news ! :wink:

Not saying you're wrong, IIRC she has reportedly looked at UK-schools for her son before now, just wondering what the evidence is.

2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

We must also not forget that this is the same man that consults soothsayers for both personal and policy matters. Once he clamed that the reason he was ill was because "bad people" were casting spells on him (red-shirts). 

<snip for brevity>

Just to point out that belief in soothsayers is nothing new, in Thai politics, I recall a previous elected-PM who had similar beliefs.  Both irrational IMO. :cool:

28 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

"where is she ?"

That's very interesting, do you have a link to show that she was in the UK a couple of days ago, please ?

It's interesting that the might of Thai government, not to mention Thaksin's twitter-posts & the international-media, haven't made more of the news ! :wink:

Not saying you're wrong, IIRC she has reportedly looked at UK-schools for her son before now, just wondering what the evidence is.

Just to point out that belief in soothsayers is nothing new, in Thai politics, I recall a previous elected-PM who had similar beliefs.  Both irrational IMO. :cool:

You want more than a clue? I didn't say she WAS in UK . . . more to the point, do you know WHERE ELSE she was Mon/Tue?

4 minutes ago, Ossy said:

You want more than a clue? I didn't say she WAS in UK . . . more to the point, do you know WHERE ELSE she was Mon/Tue?

No, I don't know, but thought that you were claiming to know, which is why I asked politely for a link.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:37 PM, londonthai said:

one day he is going to be in prison

..well dereliction of duty ...after all the baht stops with him when all troops, government officials let an important figure allegedly exit the country without trace.

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 2:47 PM, overherebc said:

Very true. Only 99% of them end up addicted.

Congratulations on possibly the most ridiculous remark ever uttered on this forum , are you really so ignorant as to believe that nonsense.

Even for a so called addictive substance like cocaine your statement wouldnt be remotely accurate , for drugs in general ( you know the ones your mother , grandparents , siblings took /take ) its an insane statement.

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 5:32 PM, icare999 said:

555 most of masses dont care and hes got a lot of support like it or not I my thia wife our extended thai fmaily and most of thais we know prefer him to Taksin of ocurse if their was a real choice between an evil would be mugabwe trying to make Thialand his own one party state and army that would be nice but their is not so better anything than Taksin IMO and opinion of many

Simply untrue !

There are distinct regional and social divides but its laughable to suggest that the 'masses ' dont care . If that was the case then why the ongoing effort to shut them up and deprive them of a vote ?

17 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Why did he shut the mines?

The strife began not long after the mines began operating. Akara, the largest and partly Australian owned, received its license to mine in the three provinces in 2001. For over a decade now, communities have complained of pollution and toxic contamination caused by the mines. Several tests found people living nearby had unsafe levels of heavy metals.

Atchara cited a 2014 order from junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha ordering that gold mine operations must be transparent, environmentally friendly and not opposed by the community.

Seems reasonable. The question remains can he really "do anything" without repercussion. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction .......

I think Prayuth made the right decision and probably for the right reasons. Certainly the first time I have thought so and very possibly the last.

However if you are going to make ex leaders ' accountable ' for purely political reasons ( and lets stop making silly excuses that it wasn't a political exercise ) then you have opened Pandoras box.

Todays invincible leader can easily be tommorows fall guy , factions shift , guns change hands , smiles get wiped away.

On 30/08/2017 at 9:29 PM, snoop1130 said:

Junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday he cannot be held accountable for damages caused by actions he takes using his absolute power.

Although the Shinawatra's can !

7 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Simply untrue !

There are distinct regional and social divides but its laughable to suggest that the 'masses ' dont care . If that was the case then why the ongoing effort to shut them up and deprive them of a vote ?

Because they do not want the masses to 'voice' their care? :whistling:  May upset the balance of power. :sad:

BANGKOK — Junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday he cannot be held accountable for damages caused by actions he takes using his absolute power.

You assume you will have a choice?

When your time for being held accountable comes you will not even hear it much less see it

At least the Thaksin clan allowed everyone to make money .This crazy regime is costing the country much more in monetary terms loss of billions off balance sheets unnecessary spending on military ,International reputation human rights etc etc.The man is a joke to say the least however not a very funny one

17 hours ago, tandor said:

..well dereliction of duty ...after all the baht stops with him when all troops, government officials let an important figure allegedly exit the country without trace.

While I personally agree with you, I do not think such Western thinking will gain much traction here

The PM can use 'his' power as he wants, until the point where his peers decide it's time to give someone-else a go, perhaps after October ? :whistling:

Meanwhile he's being criticised for using that power, arbitrarily some argue, but in-defence of the local poor-people whose environment (and bodies) are allegedly being poisoned, by the mining-operations.

Now a true b*stard might just do-a-deal to let them continue ! :wink:

On 8/30/2017 at 8:24 PM, robblok said:

I am still an accountant.. should have stated IMHO  but we will wait for the verdict I have good faith in it after all the proof Boonsong got buried with. And don't forget only guilty people run :shock1:

Tell that to the all the refugees in the world.

Archived