phillipines/ immigration

hoffy66

Hi All.

Just trying to find out how long to go through immigration in  [ i assume manila ] i am flying there soon, i have looked at Cebu air, i am going to bacolod . so i assume i will do immigration at swampy and again at manila, but my flight times are a bit tight, maybe i need more time, also i believe that i do not need a visa i am a aussie.

Thanks in advance.

your post is a bit confusing. You are Aussie and departing from where? OZ ? BKK ?

Immi queues in Manila can be unpredictable same as in BKK, and it depends at which terminal your flight arrives. I have experienced everything from 2 minutes to 1.5 hrs. Cebu Pacific would be T3 which is usually better than T1 or the old domestic terminal where some international budget-airline flights arrive. In case you need to change the terminal you should leave at least 4 hrs between the arrival of your international flight and the departure time of your domestic flight. During rush hour (and even at 5.30 am as it happened to me years ago!) it can take more than one hour to get from T3 to T1 or the domestic T.

16 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

your post is a bit confusing. You are Aussie and departing from where? OZ ? BKK ?

Immi queues in Manila can be unpredictable same as in BKK, and it depends at which terminal your flight arrives. I have experienced everything from 2 minutes to 1.5 hrs. Cebu Pacific would be T3 which is usually better than T1 or the old domestic terminal where some international budget-airline flights arrive. In case you need to change the terminal you should leave at least 4 hrs between the arrival of your international flight and the departure time of your domestic flight. During rush hour (and even at 5.30 am as it happened to me years ago!) it can take more than one hour to get from T3 to T1 or the domestic T.

Sorry for that, i am leaving from bangkok, monday about mid day i believe.

16 minutes ago, hoffy66 said:

Sorry for that, i am leaving from bangkok, monday about mid day i believe.

Well, if you fly CEB out of BKK and then use CEB again for your trip to Bacolod, then you don't need to leave T3. You can even book a flight all the way to Bacolod on the same PNR on the CEB website, and then you would not have to worry about connection times or checking in again at MNL, because then they would just put you on the next domestic flight in case your international flight is delayed.

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

Well, if you fly CEB out of BKK and then use CEB again for your trip to Bacolod, then you don't need to leave T3. You can even book a flight all the way to Bacolod on the same PNR on the CEB website, and then you would not have to worry about connection times or checking in again at MNL, because then they would just put you on the next domestic flight in case your international flight is delayed.

Thanks for that, i will be doing that, coming back in about one week, but it looks as if Philippine airline is quicker for the return trip to bangkok

15 minutes ago, hoffy66 said:

Thanks for that, i will be doing that, coming back in about one week, but it looks as if Philippine airline is quicker for the return trip to bangkok

Quicker, and most likely even cheaper, considering their fares include luggage and on-board-food