Third victory secures top spot for Parinda

rooster59

Third victory secures top spot for Parinda

By LERPONG AMSA-NGIAM 

THE NATION

53a0ddfd3cc6f0cd8809412b305e30b7.jpeg

PARINDA PHOKAN

PARINDA PHOKAN will end the season as the Thai LPGA No 1 after claiming her third title of the year, the Bt1-million Singha-SAT Toyota Championship, at the Rayong Green Valley Country Club yesterday.

The 20-year-old from Khon Kaen, who bagged two straight wins at the Kabinburi Sport Club and at the Royal Hua Hin Golf Course in July, carded a final-round 67 for a winning total of eight-under-par 208, five shots ahead of Chiang Rai-based Pitsaon Chaichompoo.

“I didn’t think of anything but going for the day’s best score. I was hitting good approach shots and putting well, which was the key,” said Parinda, who took the winner’s cheque of Bt142,500.

Her total gross of Bt748,528 propelled her to the top spot of the Thai LPGA’s 2017 Order of Merit.

The Thai LPGA Masters will be held from September 13-15 in Bangkok, but its results will not be

included in the rankings.

“I’m happy to hit my target of winning the No1 position,” Parinda added. “My game is getting better and better during the second half of the year, which makes me feel even more confident. I hope to do even better in the Masters.”

Chiang Rai-based Pitsaon secured second place to herself with a final round of 69 and a three under-par score of 213. That earned her prize money of Bt96,285, while Trichai Cheenglab finished third with a three-round total of 216 to earn Bt61,175.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/sports/30325548

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-02

Has anyone played Green Valley lately?. I was last on it about 2-3 months ago and it was in the poor shape, bad in places and really bad in others and we swore not to return any time soon!. I'm assuming they've got it back to a more playable state if there was a pro tournament there last weekend????.

They were supposed to be doing a lot of maintenance hence some reduced green fees but no idea if that has finished yet. But yes one would hope that it was in good nick for the tournament otherwise they could have used St Andrews?

19 hours ago, Subpar said:

Has anyone played Green Valley lately

Just seen this on the PSC site so sounds as if still some work in progress especially the fairways?

Report from the Golf Club -

"By all appearances it finally appears that we are getting our course back! The fairways are nearly back to being fair and the fast greens are a good indicator of progress made. This was very good timing as the course will be closed tomorrow for 4 days for a Thai LPGA tournament the greenskeeping staff have been working for all summer for."