Hunt on for serial bigamist preying on gullible Thai men

rooster59

Hunt on for serial bigamist preying on gullible Thai men

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvNjcwLzMzNTQ0OTQvYXN2ZGIuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A Thai woman has left a string of angry grooms in her wake after making off with four separate dowries in the past month.

The serial bigamist came to light after the men compared notes on Facebook and realized they had all been ripped off by the same "sweet talking" Thai woman.

Losses are thought to be many 100,000s of baht in cash and gold.

One of the grooms who was conned spoke to Sanook saying that he had met the woman on Facebook towards the end of last year after she introduced herself.

After chatting online for months they met in April and soon decided to marry. Wichit said the woman was not beautiful but spoke very well, was easy to get along with and met with the approval of all his relatives too.

An initial request for 400,000 baht in cash for the dowry and about 80,000 baht in gold was bargained down to 200,000 in cash. But the woman would not budge on the gold meaning Wichit had to sell his car to raise the money to satisfy her demands.

They married at what she claimed was her house though there were only seven relatives from her side of the family.

She was in cahoots with these people, it appears and didn't even own the house.

When Wichit told his story online others came forward and the extent of the con became apparent.

Pathum Thani police were about to charge her at one point but she managed to flee before she could be arrested.

Now the grooms are trying to track her and her accomplices down and get their money back.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-02

6 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Why not show her face so people can know and warn others

They are probably in cahoots with her too and are not trying to catch her, but to drum up more business for her !  :w00t:

I was wondering where my g/f kept coming up with all that money and gold all the time ! Here I thought she was making good tips at the restaurant !

So there we have a female “bigamist” -- although 4 men were allegedly conned and she probably rather should be called a “quadruplamist”.

And what’s the big ruckus anyway...? Ah, I see, money is involved. That’s why! Otherwise the case wouldn’t even have made the newspapers.

To be honest: I’d rather see her make off with a few 100,000 baht in dowry than any of these men eventually making off and abandoning their children and wife altogether, as seems to be normal everyday practice among Thai males.

I am also wondering how many of these hopeful grooms were perhaps already married and/or maintained several "mia nois" or "kiks" on the side.

And as a final note: If Thais only were as laborious, creative and innovative in business and R&D as they are in devising an endless stream of sophisticated scams to rake in money for nothing and screwing each other over left and right, this country could have well become First World ages ago.

Can anyone tell me what's the different between this woman that 

fleeces you before you get to marry her and the women that takes

you to the cleaners after and while being married to you and pretend

to ' lobe you ' ?....

9 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

I have a good idea Publish her photo They see how many men are out their related to this scam She will be caught very fast

Start a TV show THAILAND'S MOST WANTED 

A TV show embarrassing the fragile Thai man ego?

Not a chance!

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Why not show her face so people can know and warn others

Too sensible. Remember, this is Thailand where Wanted posters (if there are any) are blacked out to avoid accusations of defamation. Thais do not feel the need to operate in a way that the rest of the world would consider normal common sense.

Archived